A Salute to Parents on Global Parents Day
Global Parents Day, celebrated every June 1, can be celebrated by almost everyone: it is a way we can pay tribute to the parents or parent-figures in our lives, but it is also an opportunity for parents themselves to celebrate their commitment to raise the next generation.
In addition, being a parent in the 21st century has imposed a different set of hurdles: the rise of globalization has given accessibility to a wide array of information showcasing expectations of what a parent should be, which at times can be overwhelming to some parents.
For this occasion, then, we found it opportune to discuss parenting and all its wonders and challenges in this day and age with members of the Mind You team: namely, our Development Training Facilitator, Frannie Daez, professional coach and shareholder, Arturo Rocha and Ruby Santillan, one of our psychologists.
1. What are the common difficulties and challenges that working parents go through?
2. What do you think are the symptoms of burnout for working parents?
3. Why are setting limitations important for parents too? How does one go about it?
4. How can parents create a healthy work-life balance?
5. What practices can parents keep in mind in order to overcome stressful situations?
6. What are some mindful practices that parents can do as they wear different hats in life?
To learn more about mental health and how they relate to special occasions such as this, follow Mind You’s social media pages @mindyoumhs and visit their website www.mindyou.com.ph.
If you are a parent and your company is partnered with Mind You, remember that you can register for an account and book a session here.